Wednesday 27 March 2013

week 5 - Refelective Post



My plan for the PLN is very simple to start with.
For simplicity I have divided my pln in 5 Major segments.
The applications are mentioned in the caption I want to use them in.

The main idea is to use mobile technology to use or maintain these on the go and to increase my efficiency in mobile technology.

The newspaper widgets I want to use are Stuff (For New Zealand news and global news in NZ perspective), Times of India (For Indian News and global news in Indian perspective), Google reader to read my books, with all my other knowledge and general knowledge feed coming on to one page using rss. And also sharing interesting bits with the world.

The Digital Learning class has reintroduced me to world of blogs, which I left using due to busy schedule. But I will try and inculcate it into my daily routine.

Social Networking was a craze when it had started but with busy schedule kicking in it had gone to a backside. I plan to use Facebook, twitter and Google plus to its maximum potential to enhance my social circle.

Career Networking has taken a new turn for me as I am new to NZ and my huge Indian network is not of much use here. I have to built contacts in NZ. As we have to compete in competitive job market with locals who have a clear advantage of networks and references. I plan to built a portfolio web page soon after my studies to reflect all my work, experience and skills till date. Also I plan to take EIT faculty into loop as they are my only support circle in the new land. I will take linked in profile also seriously to portray my image.

For the current time my communication weapons will be gmail, yahoo and gtalk but I plan to increase that as soon as possible.

That is my PLN and last but not least I will keep increasing it more and more with more crisp and efficient applications as and when required.

No comments:

Post a Comment